MISSION: The School Nurses of California Foundation funds projects and programs which improve the well-being of California students and school communities.
VISION: California students and communities have the resources to live healthy successful lives.
School nurses understand the link between student health and academic success, and the complex factors involved in promoting and supporting student health.
- Gold Level ($5000.00) sponsor of the 2017 California School Nurses Organization (CSNO) 67th Annual Convention MARCH 16-19, Monterey, CA.
- NEW: Four $500.00 mini-grant opportunities (3.2017) for school nurses and their school community.
- $5000.00 DONATION to CSNO (3.2017) for on-going education and training.
- $700.00 DONATION to School Nurses International (12.2016) (SNI) scholarship program for the 2017 conference in San Francisco, CA.
- Obtained $10,000 in grant funding from the American Association of Pediatric Opthalmology and Strabismus and the American Academy of Opthalmology. The funding assisted CSNO in partnership with the California Department of Education (CDE) to revise "A Guide for Vision Testing in California Public Schools". Currently (February, 2017) being reviewed by the CDE.
The school nurse strives to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children.(CEC 49426)